Sunday, December 19, 2010

Normal

Normal, average, even unoriginal. It's what we sometimes think of ourselves. One of the reasons I push myself. Because I want to be special. I want to show myself more than anything that I can be "someone". Maybe one day I can be worth anything. Because I push and I try. Yet, I am looked over because sometimes when we start to find that we are actually moving up the totem pole, we get proud. We become the snobs who know everything-and not in a good way. Should I be sorry that I try? No. But I can be a little less forceful about the facts.

Update: This really only have to do with the title. I saw "All About Steve" the other day and though it was an ok movie with funny circumstances, but pretty bad acting, I loved the final scene and one line in particular. Sandra Bullock is a geek who is not accepted by society and finally she realizes that you don't need anybody or to do anything except to find the people "as normal as you." Wonderful. That's all I will do. Find the people that accept me and be as normal as I can be. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment