Monday, October 13, 2014

So what if we had all the perfection that we could ever become inside us?
Here's the image:
You hear people say that they have hardened their heart and I would like to use that as my illustration.
We have this perfection that is encased inside all kinds of "hard stuff" such as self-deprecation, apathy, loneliness, hatred, shame, guilt, pride, impatience, etc. and all the bad virtues that turn into awful things like lying, stealing, jealousy, etc.
What if all we were doing for our whole lives was chip away at that hardened exterior to show us the perfection inside? It's like a piece of coal that turns into a diamond, but it takes a long time and compression (exterior motivation) for the coal piece to turn into something shiny and beautiful as a diamond.

Just an idea. Maybe a self-confidence booster too. You are a perfect and complete being. You need to figure out all of the completeness and perfection behind all the "hard stuff", but you are still capable of being better everyday. Let's highlight that: you are capable of being better every single day.

Why should you feel worthless? Why is it necessary to beat ourselves up if we are beautiful beings hidden inside a cruddy exterior? You shouldn't feel worthless and it isn't necessary.

I am a beautiful being, but I can make mistakes, too.

It has many similarities in the Christian religious realm: we have the flesh which causes us to sin and we are not perfect beings yet, but we were made in the image of God, Who is perfect. I think the difference is just the perspective and what side we choose to look at things.

Why do we do such things? To be a better Christian and minister to others? To be a better person and love others? To be a better person and love myself better. That's my answer. My journey is to love me. I know how to love others; I believe I love others well, if I want to. I do not love myself everyday. But I think that if I can change my perspective and show myself that deep down within me there is a beautiful being - I can do that. I can be a beautiful creature hidden among this hardened exterior.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment